纽约英语口语网新版
林肯英语 - 4
A Day in the Life of a College Student
Situation 7 In a Taxi-2

Driver: Good for Elliot House. But Broadway is a one-way street. I can only turn right. 好去Elliot屋,但百老汇街是单行道。 我只能向右拐。

Mike: Woops, sorry about that. I don't have a car and so I never pay attention to which streets are one-way. 真是不幸 我没有车,所以我从来不注意那条街是单行道。

Driver: Don't worry about it, kid. I know a shortcut anyway. I'll take the first left instead of the second, and then go around the back of your dorm. 不要担心,小伙子。 我还知道一条小路。 我在第一个路口拐弯,然后开到你宿舍的后面去。

Mike: Great. It's a good thing you know the streets around here better than I do. 好极了。这里的街道你比我知道的多还是件好事。

Driver: That's my job. I get paid to know these streets. Where are you from, not from around here I guess? 那是我的工作。我靠知道这些街道赚钱。 你从哪来,我猜不是这周围的。

Mike: No. I'm just here for school. I'm an originally from Delaware. 不,我在这里上学。我是从德拉威州来的。

Driver: Nice state, Delaware. Well, here we are. That'll be seven dollars and fifty cents. 好地方,德拉威州。 好,我们到了。 那是七美元五十分

Mike: Here's nine, keep the change. 这是九美元,不用找了。

Driver: Thanks. 谢谢。

Mike: No, thank you. 不,谢谢你