纽约英语口语网新版
伯明翰英语口语
第 123 课:Three large orange juices. 三杯大杯的橙汁。

Jeff: Three large orange juices. 三杯大杯的橙汁。

Elizabeth: You must tell Jeff. 你一定要说给杰夫听。

Jeff: What's that? 说什么?

Anna: Well, I went to the airport this afternoon. Remember? 嗯,今天下午我去机场接机。记得吗?

Jeff: Oh, yes. You had to meet Mr ... Brown? 噢,是的。你必须去机场接布朗先生?

Anna: Yes. I had to meet Mr Henry Brown. 对。我必须去接亨利·布朗先生。

Anna: "Pacific Tours. Arriving from Sydney. 15.25." “太平洋旅行社。从悉尼来。下午三点二十五分到达。”

Elizabeth: "Early 50s. Grey hair. Medium height." “五十岁出头。灰色头发。中等身材。”

Jeff: What happened? 发生了什么事?

Anna: Well, the flight was late. So I had to wait about an hour. 没什么,只不过班机误点了。所以我不得不等了大约一个小时。

Jeff: And there were three Mr Browns: 而且出现了三位布朗先生:

Jeff: Mr Brown from Sydney, Mr Brown from Chicago 从悉尼来的布朗先生,从芝加哥来的布朗先生

Jeff: and Mr Brown from Tokyo. 和从东京来的布朗先生。

Anna: Yes. How did you know? 对。你是怎么知道的呢?

Jeff: Mr Jones told me. 琼斯先生告诉我了。

Anna: Oh. I thought Smith and Jones were the most common English names, 噢。我认为史密斯和琼斯这是最常见的英文名字。

Anna: but Brown is quite common too. 但是布朗也很常见。

Elizabeth: That's true. 你说得对。