纽约英语口语网新版
伯明翰英语口语
第 52 课:Carpenter.卡本特。

Man: Excuse me. Hello? Oh. Can you call again later? OK. Bye.对不起。哈罗?噢。你能稍候再打吗?好的。再见。

Man: Sorry, Miss ...对不起,小姐贵姓……

Angela: Carpenter.卡本特。

Man: Carpenter, yes. So you're a secretary, and you'd like to be a computer programmer. 卡本特,是的。这么说你是位秘书,将来想作电脑程序设计师。

Angela: That's right. I'm studying programming at evening classes.不错。我正在夜校学习电脑程序设计。

Man: I see.原来是这样。

Angela: I like it very much. And I think I'm good.我非常喜欢它。而且我想我学得不错。

Man: And you don't like the travel business.但你不喜欢旅游业。

Angela: The travel business is OK. I don't like being a secretary.旅游业也不错。不过我不想当一名秘书。

Man: I see. Well, Miss -原来是这样。嗯,小姐贵姓?

Angela: -Carpenter -━卡本特━

Man: we only want a secretary at the moment.卡本特,我们目前只需要一位秘书。

Angela: Yes, I know. But you're a computer company.是的,我知道。但你们是电脑公司。

Angela: I'm a good secretary, and I'm becoming a good programmer.我是一位好秘书,而且我会成为一位不错的电脑程式设计师。

Man: Oh, no!噢,不!

Angela: Excuse me. Hello? ... Could you call again later, please?对不起。哈罗?……请您稍候再打,好吗?

Angela: Mr Sinclair is not free at the moment. Thank you. Goodbye.辛克莱尔先生现在很忙。 谢谢你。再见。

Man: Thank you, Miss Carpenter.谢谢你,卡本特小姐。

Angela: You're welcome, Mr Sinclair.不客气,辛克莱尔先生。