纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 10 课: Responding to Requests 对要求作出反应 - 1

Conversation A :My Car Is Missing 我的车丢了。

MARTIN: Hello! Hello! Is this the police? Hello. What? Is this the police? Good. I'm Martin Learner. Martin, M-A-R-T-I-N. Learner, L-E-A-R-N-E-R Yes. Martin Learner! What? My car... My car is missing. Missing. It is not here. At the hotel. The Denver Hotel. My car is not here! Come to the police station? OK!你好!你好!是警察局吗?你好!什么?是警察局吗?好! 我叫马丁·勒纳,马丁,马-丁,勒纳,勒-纳。是的,马丁·勒纳,什么?我的车,我的车丢了,车现在不在这儿,在旅馆,丹佛旅馆,我的车不在这儿,到警察局去?好的。

CLERK: Good morning, Mr. Learner. May I help you?早上好,勒纳先生,我能帮忙吗?

MARTIN: I'm going to the police.我要去警察局。

CLERK: About your car?有关你的车吗?

MARTIN: Yes. Where is the police station?是的,警察局在哪儿?

CLERK: The police station!? I don't know. Wait a moment. Mr. Hudson. Where is the police station? It's Mr. Learner. His car is missing. Thank you, Mr. Hudson. The Police Station is on Johnson Street.警察局?!我不知道,等一会儿!哈得逊先生!警察局在哪?是勒纳先生,他的车丢了,谢谢,哈得逊先生。警察局在约翰逊大街。

MARTIN: Where is Johnson Street?约翰逊大街在哪儿?

CLERK: Go straight ahead for three streets. That's Johnson Street. Turn left.朝前走,过三条街就是约翰逊街,向左拐。

POLICEWOMAN: Tell me where you live, please.请告诉我你住哪儿?

MARTIN: I live at fourteen-twenty-seven Grant Street. Baltimore, Maryland.我住在马里兰州巴尔的摩市格兰特街1427号。

POLICEWOMAN: Fourteen-twenty-seven Grant Street, Baltimore, Maryland. Give me your phone number. 马里兰州巴尔的摩市格兰特街1427号,请把电话号码告诉我。

MARTIN: Four-one-oh, five-five-five, six-seven-two-nine.401-555-6729

POLICEWOMAN: Please show me your driver's license.请把驾驶证给我。

MARTIN: Here.在这儿。

POLICEWOMAN: OK. Tell me what happened.好。把情况说一下。

MARTIN: I went to the garage to get my car. I'm going home today. I'm a reporter... 我去车库取车,我今天打算回家,我是记者……

POLICEWOMAN: Stop! Slow down. Now, begin again.停下!慢点说,现在重新开始。

DETECTIVE: Good morning, Nikki.早上好!尼基。

POLICEWOMAN: Good morning, Sam. Come here. Sam, this is Mr. Learner. This is Detective Sam Brook.早上好!山姆,过来,山姆,这是勒纳先生。这是山姆·布鲁克侦探。

DETECTIVE: I'm looking for your missing car.我正在找你丢的车。

POLICEWOMAN: Sit down, Sam.请坐,山姆。