纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 18 课:Talking About Homes and Farming 谈论住处和农活 - 6

Conversation : At a Farmer's Meeting 拜访农家

MARTIN: I see corn. What other things do you grow?我看见玉米了。你还种什么?
WILT: I grow wheat, too. Look there. I grew wheat there last year.我也种小麦。看那儿。去年我在那儿种小麦。

MARTIN: Let's ride there.让我们骑到那儿吧。

WILT: Can you ride there?你能骑到那儿吗?

MARTIN: Yes, I can. I want to ask more questions.能,我想再问一些问题。

MARTIN: What's this?这是什么?

WILT: It's soybeans. Let's ride south of here.这是黄豆。我们往南骑吧。

MARTIN: Can we stop here? It's wonderful!我们能在这停一下吗?真是太美了。

WILT: Look to the west. That's the river.往西边看。那是一条河。

MARTIN: Yes, I can see the river.是的,我看见了。

WILT: Now look to the north. Can you see the town?你现在往北看。看见城镇了吗?

MARTIN: Yes, I can. Is that your farm?看见了,那是你的农场吗?

WILT: No. My farm stops at the river. That farm is Les Danzig's farm.不。我的农场就到河边为止。那个农场是莱斯·丹齐格的。

WILT: He has a small farm.他有一个小农场。

MARTIN: I can't see a house.我怎么看不见房屋。

WILT: No, you can't. His home is in town. Can you see my house?是的,看不见。他家住在城里,你能看见我的房子吗?

MARTIN: Yes, I can.是的。

WILT: Let's ride there.我们骑到那儿去。