纽约英语口语网新版
芝加哥英语口语
第 30 课:Expressing Wants 表达愿望 - 1

Conversation : In the Locker Room 在更衣室

MARTIN: Coach Havranek, thanks for meeting with me. May I ask you some questions? 赫弗拉尼克教练,谢谢你和我见面,我可以问你些问题吗?

COACH: Yes. I have about ten minutes now.可以,我现在大约有10分钟时间。

MARTIN: The team looks very good. Are you happy?球队看来不错,你高兴吗?
COACH: Yes, I'm very happy. The game is too slow. I want to see more action, but I'm happy.是的,我很高兴。比赛的节奏太慢,我想看到更多的攻势,但我仍感高兴。

MARTIN: I don't want to talk only about this game. I want to talk about coaching. 我不想把谈话仅局限于这场比赛,我想谈谈训练。

COACH: OK.可以。

MARTIN: Did you want to be a university football coach?你当初就想当大学橄榄球队教练吗?

COACH: First, I wanted to be a professional football player.最初,我想当名职业橄榄球运动员。

MARTIN: Did you play professional football?你进过职业球队吗?

COACH: I played for two years.我在专业队打过两年球。

MARTIN: What happened?出了什么事?

COACH: I broke my leg.我摔断了腿。

MARTIN: In a football game?是在橄榄球赛中吗?

COACH: No, in an accident. I fell out of a tree.不是,在一次意外事故中,我从树上摔了下来。

MARTIN: A tree?!树上?

COACH: It's funny now. But it wasn't funny then. I was playing with my children. I wanted to get a ball in the tree. I went up the tree. And the limb broke. I broke my leg in three places. 现在听起来很滑稽,但那时并不可笑。当时我和孩子一起玩,我想从树上取个球,但树枝断了,把腿摔断了3处。

MARTIN: And no more football.因此就不能打橄榄球了。

COACH: That's right. I wanted to play, but my wife didn't want me to play. My leg wasn't good. 对,我还想打球,但我妻子不让我打球,我腿不好。