纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 3 课:I'm happy as a single woman. 我乐于做单身女郎。

Sue: So why don't you take full advantage of the Internet? 那你为何不充分利用网路呢?

Rose: What do you mean? 你的意思是?

Sue: All you think about is your students and music! 你满脑子想的都是学生和音乐!

Rose: That's my job. I love my job! 那是我的工作。我热爱我的工作。

Sue: But there's more to life than a job, Rose. 但生活除了工作还有其他的东西,柔丝。

Rose: You're talking about men again. 你又在说男人了。

Sue: You guessed it. 你猜对了。

Rose: I'm NOT interested. 我没兴趣。

Sue: Do you want to end up an old maid? 你想变成老小姐吗?

Rose: I'm happy as a single woman. 我乐于做单身女郎。

Sue: Maybe now, but what about when you're old? 或许现在是,但你老的时候怎么办?

Rose: I'll worry about that then. 我到那时再担心也不迟。

Sue: A lot of women like you meet nice men in chat rooms. 很多像你这样的女人,在网路聊天室碰到不错的男人。

Rose: You mean where you can talk with people one-on-one? 你是指那种可以跟人一对一谈话的地方?

Sue: Sure! Lots of people do it. 是啊!很多人这样做。

Rose: Use a computer to find friends? I don't know. It's not for me. 用电脑交朋友?我不确定耶,这不适合我。