纽约英语口语网新版
德克萨斯英语口语
第 31 课:It was truly pathetic! 真够悲惨的!

Don: I thought I coached you on the secrets of flirting! 我不是教过你求爱秘诀吗?

Herbert: You overheard my conversation with Rose? 你听到我跟柔丝的对话啦?

Don: It was truly pathetic! 真够悲惨的!

Herbert: She's not interested in me. 她根本对我没兴趣。

Don: You have to flirt. 你得撩拨她一下。

Herbert: She doesn't find me attractive. 她根本不觉得我有吸引力。

Don: My gosh! She's just playing hard-to-get! 哎唷!她只是想玩捉迷藏而已!

Sue: Hi, Don. Herb and Rose are hopeless! 嗨,唐。赫伯和柔丝的事我看是没指望了!

Don: Any ideas? Herb's already moved to Hsinchu. 你有什么点子吗?赫伯已经搬去新竹了。

Sue: I heard there's a romantic outdoor symphony concert in two weeks. 我听说两周后有一个浪漫的户外交响乐演奏会。

Don: What? Get Herb to ask Rose for a date? Never in a million years. 什么?要叫赫伯约柔丝出来?再等一百万年吧。

Sue: No, no. I'll ask Rose. 不是。我会去约柔丝。

Don: Oh, I see. And I'll ask Herb. 喔,我懂了。而我去找赫伯。

Sue: Precisely! And the four of us will accidentally meet each other at the concert. 完全正确!而我们四个会在演奏会上“不期而遇” 。