纽约英语口语网新版
日常美语短句
第 77 课:Low Wages 低薪

I only have a modest income. 我的收入不多。

It's practically slave wages. 这简直是压榨劳工。

A:How much does he pay you? 他付你多少薪水?

B:Minimum wage. 只给法定最低工资。

A:How's your salary here? 你在这儿的薪水高吗?

B:It's for the birds. 烂透了,简直不是给人的待遇。

He works enough to get by. 他只赚足够生活开销的钱。

A:I guess the pay is not too good there. 我想那儿给的薪水不会太好吧?

B:No, it stinks. 不好,奇差无比。

The first job I got wasn't a princely wage. 我找到的第一份工作,薪水并不高。

He's living from paycheck to paycheck. 他的收入只够开销。