纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 12 课: Here comes someone. You're up. 有客人来了。你上。

Fredo: Man, I'm beat! 天啊,我累坏了!

Jill: C'mon. It's not even noon yet. 拜托。中午都还不到呢。

Fredo: I sold two thousand long-stem red roses already! 我已经卖出去两千朵长梗红玫瑰了!

Jill: What do you expect, it's Lover's Day. Red roses mean love. 不然你以为呢?今天是情人节。红玫瑰代表爱情。

Fredo: But, does everyone need to send ninety-nine at once? 可是,有规定每个人一次都得送九十九朵吗?

Jill: It romantic! Ninety-nine flowers mean "I love you forever." 这才浪漫!这代表”我永远爱你。“

Fredo: No, it means, "Hello, I have a lot of money." 不,这代表‘嗨,我有的是钱。’

Jill: Let's do the window display while it's slow. 趁现在没客人我们先去布置橱窗。

Fredo: I did it earlier. What do you think? 我先前就做好了。你觉得怎么样?

Jill: Are you trying to bring customers in or scare them away? 你是要试着招揽客人,还是要把他们吓跑?

Fredo: That bad, huh? I'm all thumbs when it comes to matching colors. 有那么糟吗?遇到配色我就没辄了。

Jill:Try these pots of tulips with those potted orchids. 试试这几盆郁金香配上那几盆兰花。

Fredo: That looks great! The pinks and purples really go together. 看起来很棒!粉红色和紫色真的很配。

Jill: Here comes someone. You're up. 有客人来了。你上。