纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 17 课: Like what? 比如呢?

Billy: This is so awesome. What a bus ride! 太棒了。这趟公车坐得真爽。

Jennifer: Are you kidding? We've been sitting for six hours! 你在说笑吗?我们坐了六个小时的车耶!

Billy: But I've already written emails to all my friends! 但我已写好给所有朋友的电子邮件啦!

Jennifer: How? You don't have a computer! 怎么可能?你又没有计算机!

Billy: I just write on my Palm Pilot, and then mail them through my PC when I get home! It's great! 我就写在我的‘掌上领航员’上,回家后再用我的个人计算机寄给他们!超棒的!

Jennifer: Let me see that Palm gadget. What else can it do? 让我瞧瞧这掌上型的小玩意儿。它还能干啥啊?

Billy: Well, it can also download any compatible program or software from the PalmPilot websites. 呃,它还可以从‘掌上领航员’的网站,下载任何兼容的程序和软件。

Jennifer: Like what? 比如呢?

Billy: Games, e-mail, books--all kinds of stuff. And I can transfer it to anyone whohas a Palm Pilot. 游戏、电子邮件、书籍——各式各样的东西。而且我可以把它传输给任何有‘掌上领航员’的人。

Jennifer: But it's still got the basic organizer functions like an address book, acalendar... 但它仍然拥有一些基本的记事本功能,好比地址簿、日历……

Billy: You bet. And it also takes handwritten information. 的确如此。而且它也能手写输入喔。

Jennifer: So it's like a baby computer. It can do a lot, but not everything that a bigcomputer does.所以这就像一台小小计算机。虽然本身已经可以处理很多事了,但没法子像大台计算机那样齐全。

Billy: Exactly. And it's portable and cute. See? It's the size of my palm. 正确。而且它携带方便又可爱。看到没?它就是我的手掌大小。

Jennifer: Maybe Palm Pilots will be able to read your palm one day... 或许哪天‘掌上领航员’可以帮你看手相喔……

Billy: Yeah, and fly airplanes, too, Jen! 是啊,而且还可以开飞机咧,阿花!

Jennifer: I get it--PALM PILOT! That's funny, Billy! 我懂了——‘掌上领航员’嘛!这个好笑,比利!

Billy: Jen, you need help... 阿花,你该去看心理医生了……