纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 18 课: So she can't walk, so what? 所以她不能走路,那又怎样?

Billy: What are you doing on the floor? Why don't you sit on the couch? 你在地板上干嘛?为什么不坐到椅子上?

Jennifer: I want to see the world from 100 centimeters... 我想从一百公分的高度看世界……

Billy: What? Jen, are you crying? 怎么了?阿花,你在哭吗?

Jennifer: Yes, this is the most touching story ever! 对啊,这真是我看过最感人的故事了!

Billy: Oh, no. Japanese soap operas again...How long have you been sitting there? 喔,不会吧。又在看日本偶像剧……你坐在这多久啦?

Jennifer: Eleven hours. It's almost over. Oh, look! How romantic! 十一个小时了。快演完了。喔,你看!真是太浪漫了!

Billy: Is this a video marathon or what? You need help, Jen. 这是看录像带的马拉松还是什么啊?该有人来救救你了,阿花。

Jennifer: No! You don't understand. She's handicapped! 不!你不懂。她行动不方便!

Billy: So she can't walk, so what? 所以她不能走路,那又怎样?

Jennifer: He loves her; he takes care of her! He said he would never let her die! 他爱着她;他照顾她!他还说他绝不会让她死!

Billy: This is too sappy for me. I don't see why anyone would rent this stuff. 这对我来说太过滥情了。真不懂怎么有人会租这来看。

Jennifer: It's the most popular soap opera in Japan. 这可是日本最超人气的偶像剧呢。