纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 46 课: Look at this girl's gray dress. 看这个女孩的灰色衣服。

Denise: Not even drinking milk for one month would get us that thin. 我们就算喝一个月的牛奶也不会跟她一样瘦。

Crystal: Ooh, bathroom blues. 哦,厕所的忧郁。

Denise: Look at this girl's gray dress. 看这个女孩的灰色衣服。

Crystal: I went to try it on yesterday, but it only came in extra small. 我昨天去试穿,但是它只有XS的。

Denise: Last time I wore extra small was when I was in fifth grade. 我上一次穿XS的衣服是在我五年级的时候。

Crystal: Hey, I lost a kilo in a week with my all-fruit diet. If I keep going, I can wear that dress next month. 嘿,我的水果减肥餐让我一星期瘦了一公斤。如果我继续的话,我下个月就穿得下那件衣服。

Denise: So why are you dieting this time anyway? Another guy? 所以,你这次又是为了什么节食?另一个男人?

Crystal: Dieting. It's the price we pay to make men notice us. 节食。是我们吸引男人所要付的代价。

Denise: The girls in this magazine are so slender. 这本杂志里的女孩都好修长。

Crystal: They're also way younger than us. 她们也都远比我们年轻。

Denise: True. You know, I first started dieting when I was ten. 没错。你知道吗,我十岁时第一次节食。

Crystal: You never worked out? 你从不运动?

Denise: Ooh, no. Too much work. I hate to sweat. It's so gross. 喔,不。太费力。我讨厌流汗。好恶心。