纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 77 课: You speak Spanish! 你也说西班牙话!

Beto: Hola, chica! Que pasa? 嗨,女孩!你好吗?

Mei: Hey...amigo... 嘿……朋友……

Beto: Cool! You speak Spanish! 酷!你也说西班牙话!

Mei: Only one or two words. Are you a Chicano, too? 只会一两个字。你也是墨裔美国人吗?

Beto: Nope. I'm like J.Lo and Ricky Martin. Puerto Rican blood. 不是。我比较像是珍妮弗罗佩兹跟瑞奇马汀。波多黎各血统。

Mei: No wonder you're so handsome. 难怪你这么帅。

Beto: Thanks. You're not so bad yourself, Chinita. Wanna dance? 谢谢。你也长得不赖,中国人。跳支舞?

Javier: You guys did great out there! 你们刚刚跳得好棒!

Mei: I just followed his lead. But what was that? 我只是跟着他跳。不过那是什么舞?

Javier: That was merengue. It's originally from the Caribbean but it's popular all over. 那是merengue。源自加勒比海,但风行世界各地。

Mei: It's a workout. No wonder Hispanics have such great bodies! 真是种健身运动。难怪拉丁裔人的身材都那么好!

Javier: Well, not always. Our food can be pretty heavy depending on what you eat. 嗯,也不尽然。我们的食物经常很油腻,看你吃些什么。

Mei: Speaking of food, I'd like to try some Latin American food. 说到食物,我想试试拉丁美洲菜。