纽约英语口语网新版
金巴利英语口语
第 86 课: And you are watching me grow up. 你也看着我长大

Dad: But you're going to have to take care of the tadpoles. 可是你们将要照顾这些蝌蚪。

Susie: And I get to watch them grow up and turn into frogs! 而且我就可以看它们长大变成青蛙!

Dad: Taking care of them is a big responsibility. Just like taking care of you. 照顾它们是个很大的责任。就像照顾你一样。

Susie: And you are watching me grow up. 你也看着我长大。

Dad: Yep. So you're going to learn how to be a parent. 没错。所以你将学习如何扮演父母的角色。

Susie: Cool! And I didn't even have to get fat! 酷!而且我还不用变胖!

Dad: [Laughing] That's right, sweet pea... (笑)没错,亲爱的……

Mr. Fu: Now kids, look. The water temperature has to be just right. 小朋友们,注意。水温一定要刚刚好。

Susie: Why do we have to use warm water? 为什么我们要用温水?

Mr. Fu: The environment must be just like the natural one. 因为环境一定要跟天然的一样。

Susie: What will happen if the water is too cold? 那如果水太冷会怎样?

Mr. Fu: The tadpoles won't grow fast enough, and some might die. 蝌蚪会长得不够快,而且有些可能会死掉。

Susie: Like mommy makes me wear a sweater to protect me from the cold! 就跟妈咪怕我冷,要我穿毛衣一样!

Mr. Fu: That's right. You're such a smart girl, Susie. 没错。你真个聪明的女孩,苏西。