纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 122 课: Do you see any cops around here? 你看到这附近有警察吗?

Trev: Woohoo! Yeah! This baby's got some balls! 喔!耶!这台宝贝还真带劲耶!

Wei: Slow down or we'll crash! 开慢一点!否则我们会出车祸!

Trev: Don't worry! I've got things under control. 别担心!一切都在我的掌控之下。

Wei: But we're doing over ninety mph. That's illegal. 但是我们时速超过九十英里。那样是违法的。

Trev: Do you see any cops around here? 你看到这附近有警察吗?

Wei: No, but maybe they're hiding. 没有,但是也许他们躲起来了。

Trev: Pigs ain't that smart. All they care about is eatin’ donuts. 条子没那么聪明。他们只关心吃甜甜圈而已。

Wei: Speakin’ of cops, what's that behind us? 说到警察,在我们后面的是?

Trev: Aw, man! A police car. 唉呀,糟糕! 是警车。

Wei: You better let me do the talking. 你最好让我来跟警察解释。

Officer: You were going thirty miles over the speed limit. That's reckless driving. 你们刚刚超过限速三十英里。那是危险驾驶。

Wei: Honestly, it won't happen again. 我保证,下次不会再犯了。

Officer: Let me see your license and registration. 给我看你的驾照跟行照。

Wei: We won't let Trev drive again. 我们不会再让崔佛开车了。

Officer: I'm going to write you a ticket anyway. 总而言之,我要开一张罚单。

Wei: [Bats her eyelashes] You look kinda cute in that uniform. (眨眨她的双眼)你穿制服看起来蛮可爱的。

Officer: Got something in your eyes? [Wei shakes her head] Good, ‘cause flattery won't work with an officer of the law. 有东西跑进你眼睛吗?(小薇摇摇头)很好,因为拍马屁对执法人员无效。