纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 123 课: You're missing the point. 你没有搞清楚重点

Paul: Trev, you're retarded. That ticket cost us $300. 崔佛,你真智障。那张罚单花了我们三百美元。

Trev: Don't worry, I'll pay for it out of my Vegas winnings. 别担心,我会拿我在赌城赢的钱付。

Paul: You're missing the point. 你没有搞清楚重点。

Trev: What is your point? Now you can drive as slow as you want. 你的重点是什么?现在你要开多慢都可以了。

Paul: The point is that you're unreliable. 重点是你这个人不可靠。

Trev: Whatever, Grandma. If you drive any slower, we'll be going backwards. 随你怎么说,老妈子。如果你再开慢一点,我们就要倒退走啰。

Paul: That's it. I'm sick and tired of...[They hear a loud noise.] 够了。我受够了……(他们听到吵杂声)

Trev: Hey! Why is the van wobbling? 嘿!车子怎么摇摇晃晃的?

Paul: Oh, darn it. We've got a flat. 喔,该死!车子爆胎了。

Wei: I can't believe our bad luck. 真是不敢相信我们这么倒霉。

Paul: Tell me about it. First Trev's ticket, and now this. 还用你说。先是崔佛被开单,现在又这样。

Wei: At this rate, we'll never get to New Orleans. 照这样看来,我们永远到不了纽奥良了。

Paul: Or we'll run out of money before we get there. 要不然就是还没到那边,钱就花完了。

Wei: Did they really want $150 just to change a tire? 他们换个轮胎真的就要收一百五十美元吗?

Paul: Yes! But Trev was nice enough to pay for it. 没错!但是崔佛很好心,他要付这一笔钱。

Wei: That was nice of him. 他人真好。

Paul: Yeah, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on him. Let's go thank him. 对呀,也许我们不应该对他这么严苛。我们过去谢谢他吧。