纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 124 课: What if they're just tricking you? 万一他们只是在骗你呢?

Trev: Look who I met. This is Ramon. 看看我遇见谁。这位是雷蒙。

Ramon: Is this van you homeys been drivin’ a phat ride? 这部厢型车就是三位开的劲车吗?

Trev: It's phat! The stereo in it kicks. 这部车很棒。音响超正。

Ramon: Me and my vatos been lookin for a van. 我跟我兄弟一直想买一部厢型车。

Trev: We'll let you look inside when the tire's fixed. 等车子修好以后我们让你看一下里面。

Ramon: Cool, ese. Here, I'll even give you one of our red bandanas. 酷耶,老兄。来,我要给你代表我们帮派的红头 巾。

Trev: I guess this makes me part of the gang. 我想这代表我是帮派里的一份子了。

Ramon: Hell yeah. We might even go rob a liquor store together. 对呀。我们搞不好可以一起去抢劫便利商店。

Paul: I don't think we should trust those guys. 我不认为我们应该相信那些人。

Trev: Aw, come on. Live a little. They're just average guys. 喔,别这样。别那么放不开。他们只是普通人而已。

Paul: They look dangerous, like gang members. 他们看起来有点危险,像帮派份子。

Trev: They are gang members. But that's OK, they like me. 他们是帮派份子。但是没关系,他们喜欢我。

Paul: What if they're just tricking you? 万一他们只是在骗你呢?

Trev: No way. They only give bandanas to people they respect. 不可能。他们只会把头巾送给他们敬重的人。

Paul: They make Wei and me nervous. 那些人让我跟小薇觉得很紧张。

Trev: This is America, baby. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. 宝贝,这里是美国耶。既然来了就要入境随俗。