纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 29 课: Lucky me. 我真走运啊

Doc: You have a lot of teeth inside a small mouth, Luke. 路克,你小小的口腔里塞了一堆牙。

Luke: Lucky me. 我真走运啊。

Doc: We're going to need to pull four teeth. You have what we call “fangs” on the top and bottom. 我们需要拔掉四颗牙。你上排跟下排牙齿都有所谓的 ‘暴牙’。

Luke: I can't sit through a four-teeth-pulling session without passing out, doctor! 医生,我绝对无法坐着撑到拔完四颗牙而不昏过去!

Doc: It's the only way you'll have enough room in there. 这是在口腔内取得足够空间的唯一方法。

Luke: Will I feel any pain? 会痛吗?

Doc: Not until you wake up. The anesthesia is going to put you fast asleep. 你醒来之前都不会痛。麻醉会让你很快就睡着。

Luke: Aaaaaow! My teeth! 哇呜!我的牙!

Doc: Getting the braces tightened always hurts...especially in the beginning stages. 绑紧牙套总是会痛……尤其在最开始的阶段。

Luke: How often do I need them tightened? 我多久要来绑紧一次?

Doc: Once every two weeks to start. Eventually it'll be once a month. 一开始是两周一次。到最后会变成一个月一次。

Luke: Aaaaaow! Can I get the braces off after one year? 哇。我可不可以一年之后就把牙套拿掉?

Doc: Don't count on it. The teeth need time to fill these gaps in your mouth. Expect two years. 你就别指望了。牙齿需要时间填满你嘴里的缝隙。两年是合理的期待。