纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 3 课: What are you gettin'? 你要来点什么?

Wei: This should be much safer for you, Trev. 这里对你应该安全多了,崔佛。

Trev: What do you mean? 什么意思?

Wei: Well, since we're not even getting out of the car this time, you won't break a thing. 呃,既然这次我们甚至不必下车,你就什么也不会打破了。

Trev: You should be happy about that incident. I haven't sung a song all day. 你应该为那次意外感到庆幸。我已经一整天半首歌也没唱。

Wei: I know. And the silence is golden. 我知道。真是得来不易的安静。

Trev: Enough. What are you gettin'? 够了。你要来点什么?

Wei: The grilled chicken breast sandwich looks good. 烤鸡胸肉三明治看起来不错。

Paul: Hmm. I think I'll take a Caesar salad. 嗯。我想我来个西泽色拉好了。

Trev: Trying to lose some weight? 想减肥啊?

Paul: If anybody needs to lose weight, it's you. 如果有任何人需要减肥,那个人就是你。

Trev: On that note, what's the biggest hamburger they've got? 说到这个,它们最大的汉堡是哪种?

Paul: That's the double quarter-pounder with four extra slices of cheese. 应该是双层四盎司肉排还额外加四片起司的汉堡。

Trev: Mmm. I'll get Monterey jack cheese with that. 嗯。我要蒙特里杰克起司跟那个。

Paul: Do you realize that all that cholesterol food will go straight to your arteries? 你知道这些含胆固醇的食物会直接堵住你的动脉吗?

Trev: Who needs arteries anyway? 反正谁需要动脉呀?