纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 30 课: Now don't be so silly. 别傻了

Luke: Here I am! The guy that looks like an idiot! 我来啦!我就是那个看起来像白痴的家伙!

Mom: Now don't be so silly. Lots of young people like you have braces. 别傻了。多的是跟你一样的年轻人在戴牙套。

Luke: That doesn't make me feel better, Mom. 妈,那并不会让我觉得好过一点。

Mom: What did Dr. Dewis say? 杜医师怎么说?

Luke: He said I have to keep them super clean. And I have to see him every two weeks. 他说我必须让牙套保持超级干净。还有我必须每两周去看他一次。

Mom: Will you need a retainer after they come off? 牙套拿掉之后会需要固定器吗?

Luke: He's not sure about that yet. It depends on how well the teeth move. 他还不确定。要视牙齿移动的情况而定。

Dad: How long will you have to wear the braces? 你牙套要戴多久?

Luke: Probably for two years. Two very long years. 可能要两年……非常漫长的两年。

Dad: You'll see. You'll thank us when you're older. 到时候你就会知道。你长大了就会感谢我们。

Luke: It's hard to look that far ahead, Dad. No girl will want to date me now. 爸,要看那么远满难的。现在没有女生会想跟我约会了。

Dad: If a girl won't date you because of braces, then she isn't the right girl for you. 如果一个女生因为牙套不跟你约会,那她就不是适合你的女生。

Luke: A girl might have dated me if I had gotten the see-through braces, Dad! 爸,如果我戴透明牙套,女生说不定会愿意跟我约会!

Dad: Those ones are a rip-off, Luke! And they aren't invisible or anything like that. 路克,那是骗钱的玩意!此外那才不是真的看不到。