纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 55 课: What's with the lecture? 干嘛跟我说教啊?

Candy: What's with the lecture? So what do I need to do? 干嘛跟我说教啊?那我该怎么做呢?

Ian: First, you should figure out where you want to apply! What kind of company would you want to manage? 首先,你应该弄清楚想申请哪所学校!你想要经营哪种公司?

Candy: I don't know. A big one? 我不知道。大公司吧?

Ian: Hey, you like coffee. Have you thought about getting into the food and beverage industry? 嘿,你喜欢咖啡。有没有想过从事餐饮业?

Candy: Well, I've always wanted to open my own cafe. 呃,我一直想要开一家自己的咖啡馆。

Ian: Why didn't you say that earlier? Sounds like you have a possible direction in management. 你为什么不早说?听起来你在管理方面有个可能的方向了。

Candy: I guess so.... So what kind of program should I apply to? 我猜是吧……所以我应该申请哪种课程呢?

Ian: Probably something with a focus on hospitality management. You seem like
a...hospitable person. What was your GMAT score? 大概是着重在接待管理的课程吧。你似乎是个……挺好客的人。你的GMAT考几分呢?

Candy: Four hundred. Maybe I shouldn't apply to a prestigious school? 四百分。也许我不应该申请名校是吧?

Ian: Don't pay too much attention to rankings. Find a program that matches your goals. 别太在意学校排名。要找符合你目标的课程。

Candy: OK. So you'll help me write my statement of purpose? 好吧。所以你会帮我写读书计划啰?

Ian: No, that's your responsibility. I'll look at it with you, though. 不,那是你的责任。但我会和你一起看过一遍。

Candy: I've spent all week working on this! [hands papers and beer to Ian] 我花了整整一星期在这上头。(把读书计划和啤酒拿给伊恩)

Ian: [Opens a bottle and starts reading] “My name is Candy. I have two loving parents, a brother named Yong, and a cat named Mouse.” (打开一瓶并开始读) ‘我叫做凯蒂。我有两位慈祥的双亲,一个叫永的弟弟和一只叫老鼠的猫。’

Candy: Keep reading! I start talking about my personal qualities in the next part. 继续念!我下面一段开始要讲个人特质了。

Ian: “I am a happy person who loves to travel. Disneyland is my dream home.” And Minnie Mouse is my dream girlfriend! No, no, no. I don't think this will work. ‘我喜欢旅行,是个快乐的人。迪斯尼乐园是我向往的家。’米妮还是我的梦中情人咧!不,不,不!我觉得这样行不通。

Candy: Well, why don't you write it yourself then? 喔,那你怎么不自己写写看?