纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 60 课: Just mind your own business. 你管好你自己就行了

Gary: Mike, if you don't start directing the play, I will. 麦克,如果你不开始导演话剧,我就要自己来了。

Mike: I am directing the play. You're just not listening. 我在导演话剧啊。是你都没在听。

Gary: You're the one that's not listening. Nobody has a clue what to do. 你才是没在听的那个人。没有人知道要做什么。

Mike: Just mind your own business. 你管好你自己就行了。

Gary: I'm trying to keep this play from becoming a disaster. 我是在试图阻止这出话剧变成一个灾难。

Mike: If you'd just listen to me read the storyline... 如果你肯听我念故事情节……

Gary: Not again! 别再要我们听你念故事情节了!

Mike: As many times as it takes. Now go get the costumes. [goes backstage] 需要几次就念几次。现在去拿服装。(去后台)

Gary: You can't boss people around! 你不可以这样指使人!

Mike: [Yelling from backstage] I'm the director, so you have to do what I say. (从后台大叫)我是导演,所以你得照我 的话做。

Gary: Then why don't you direct? 那你为什么不导啊?

Mike: Because you're getting in the way. So shut up. 因为你在碍手碍脚。所以闭嘴。

Gary: You're not getting rid of me that easily. 你休想这么轻易地摆脱我。

Mike: If you want to quit, just say so. We don't need you anyway. 如果你要退出,就说啊。反正我们也不需要你。

Gary: I helped you right from the start. 我从一开始就一直在帮你。

Mike: Keep quiet until it's your turn to speak. Got it? 轮到你说话之前给我闭嘴。懂吗?