纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 75 课: But what if I fall? 但是如果我跌倒怎么办?

Dad: Well, it is your birthday. I'll hold the back of the bike while you pedal. 反正,这是你的生日。你踩脚踏车时,我会在后面扶着。

Timmy: But what if I fall? 但是如果我跌倒怎么办?

Dad: You won't fall because I'll run behind you. Just don't pedal too fast. 你不会跌倒,因为我会在你后面跟着跑。只要你不要踩太快。

Timmy: OK. [gets on] Should I start to pedal now? 好吧。(上车)我现在应该开始踩吗?

Dad: Go for it. Keep pedaling, you'll get the hang of it! 开始吧。继续踩,你会抓到诀窍的!

Timmy: [Pedaling] Whoa! This feels weird! I'm gonna fall! I'm really gonna go down! (踩踏板)哇!感觉好怪喔!我要跌倒了!我真的要跌倒了!

Dad: [Running] No, you're not. You're doing great! Just keep pedaling. (跑)不会,你不会跌倒。你做得很好!继续踩。

Timmy: [Yelling] Hey, Mom! Look! I'm almost riding by myself! (大叫)嘿,妈!你看!我几乎是在自己骑了!

Dad: Thatta boy! Keep your hands on the brakes to stop. 干得好,儿子!手放在煞车上来控制停车。

Timmy: Got it, Dad! Hey! This is pretty easy. Look at me ride a bike! 听到了,爸!嘿!还蛮简单的。看我在骑脚踏车耶!

Dad: I'm gonna let go of you for a second, OK? 我要放手让你骑一下子,好吗?

Timmy: OK! I can do it! Look Mom! 好!我办得到!妈!你看!

Dad: I'm letting go...go, Timmy! Don't lose your balance! 我要放手了……走吧,提米!不要失去平衡!

Timmy: Weeee! I can really...[CRASH] 耶!我真的会……(摔车)