纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 8 课: That's what friends are for. 那是朋友该做的事

Boss: Did everything go all right? 一切都还顺利吧?

Kevin: Better than all right. I got a three-year contract. 何止顺利。我拿到三年的合约了。

Boss: Woohoo! You're not pulling my leg, are you? I just sent you there to get one year. And you got three?! 哇!你不是在耍我吧?我只送你去拿一年的合约。结果你拿到三年?!

Kevin: I know. I couldn't believe it myself. 对啊。我自己也不敢相信。

Boss: You did a good job. Now go get the best meal you can find and charge it to the company. 干得好。现在去找最好的餐厅,好好享受一顿大餐吧,让公司付帐。

Kevin: Oh. There's no need. What I did was just what any employee should do. 喔。不必啦。我不过是做了任何员工都该做的事。

Boss: Don't be so modest. You deserve it. 别谦虚了。这是你应得的。

Kevin: I owe you one. Thanks. 我欠你一份情。多谢了。

David: That's what friends are for. 那是朋友该做的事。

Kevin: The Space Needle is great. It feels like we're on top of the world. So, what's the story with you and Susan? 太空针塔真是太棒了。让人觉得我们就像站在世界的顶端。嗯,你跟苏珊之间是怎么回事?

David: [Embarrassed] Well, right now we're just friends. But we'll see. (尴尬)呃,我们现在只是朋友。但是再看看吧。

Kevin: All right. I won't ask any more questions. 好吧。我不再多问了。

David: Let's make a toast. Here's to your presentation. 我们来干一杯。这杯敬你的简报。

Kevin: Thanks, bro. I couldn't have done it without you. 多谢,老兄。没有你我可办不到。