纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 82 课: I just wanted to say thank you. 我只是想要跟你道谢

Lucy: Did I hear that right? Did SHE really steal your report and take credit for it? 我刚刚有听对吧? ‘她’真的偷了你的报告然后把把功劳记在自己身上?

Troy: That woman is unbelievable! She's making her way up the ladder at the cost of everyone under her. 那个女人太不可思议了!她为了往上爬把每个人都踩在脚底下。

Lucy: [Mocking] "I think everyone sees me as a big sister." An evil stepsister maybe! (嘲笑)‘我的部门就把我当成他们的大姐一样。’她是继母生的坏姐妹还差不多!

Troy: If anyone heard us, we'd probably be back out on the job market, you know? 如果有人听到我们说的,我们或许就得重新找头路了,你懂吧?

Lucy: I know, but there must be something we can do. 我懂,但是我们一定有什么方法可行。

Troy: [After thinking a few minutes] I've got it! (想了几分钟后)我有办法了!

Troy: Rita, I bought these flowers for you. [puts vase on her desk] 莉塔,我买了这些花给你。(把花瓶放在她办公桌上)

Rita: Why? Did you do something that is going to make me angry? 怎样?你做了什么会让我火大的事吗?

Troy: Excuse me? No. I just wanted to say thank you. 什么?不。我只是想要跟你道谢。

Rita: Thank you for what? Not docking all your salary? 谢啥?没有把你的薪水都扣光?

Troy: Well that, too. For making our department such a well-oiled team. 也算是谢那个啦。是为了谢你让我们部门成为一个这么顺畅的团队。

Rita: Uh, whatever. I don't want those flowers near my desk. I'm allergic. 嗯,随便你。我不想要这些花靠近我的桌子。我会过敏。

Troy: [To self as he takes the flowers away] You can bet I knew that already. (拿花离开时对自己说)你可以赌我早就知道啰。