纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 96 课: My footwork's not exactly pretty. 我的步法不是很好

Laurie: My muscles aren't killing me anymore, but I feel like my brain's about to explode. 我的肌肉不再让我痛得要死了,但我却觉得脑袋快要爆炸了。

Carol: Well, b-ball is not the world's simplest sport. 呃,篮球可不是世界上最简单的运动。

Laurie: I'll never keep things straight. Man-on-man defense, three-one-one, three-two, two-one-two. 我永远都搞不清楚。盯人防守、三一一、三二、二一二联防。

Carol: You just need to do it until it's second nature. But there's still something missing in your game. 你只要把它练成你的第二天性就好了。但你比赛里还缺少什么东西。

Laurie: My footwork's not exactly pretty. 我的步法不是很好。

Carol: It's not that. You're missing the feeling. The love of the game. I want you to start sleeping with your basketball. 不是那个。你缺少感觉。对打球的热爱。我要你开始跟篮球一起睡。

Carol: [Shouting] C'mon, L, remember what I told you. Pump-fake then go up for the shot! (大叫)快呀,小莉,记得我跟你说的。做完假动作就投球!

Laurie: I'm trying! [another player runs into her] Oof! 我在试了!(另一位球员撞她)哎哟!

Carol: Get off the ground. The ball's still in play! No blood, no foul! 快起来。球赛还在进行!不见血就不算犯规!

Laurie: [To girl guarding her] You play basketball like my Aunt Aggie, and she's blind. (对防守她的女生)你篮球打得就像是我的安姬婶婶,而且她还是个瞎子。

Carol: Concentrate on the game, not on talking trash, Laurie! Get in there for the rebound. 心放在比赛上,不要讲废话,萝莉!快进去抢篮板。

Laurie: [To self] Gotta get the ball inside. Hey, that girl's open. Let me try a
backdoor pass! (对自己)一定要把球投进。嘿,那个女生有空档。让我来试试背后传球!