纽约英语口语网新版
美国概况英语
第 17 课:Dial "A" For Attention 吸引注意力请拨“A”-2

"Jim, it's Mom," I announced. “吉 姆, 这 是 妈 妈,” 我 宣 布。

"Where are you?" “你 在 哪 儿?”

"I'm upstairs on the extension. How was school?" “楼 上 分 机。 今 天 学 校 里 怎 么 样?”

"Track practice started today. I'm going out for the low hurdles. The coach said I did real good but I have to work on my stride. Oh, I need new track shoes and sweat pants." “今 天 开 始 径 赛 训 练。 我 准 备 参 加 低 栏 的 比 赛。 教 练 说 我 干 得 真 不 赖, 但 还 得 在 步 伐 上 多 下 点 功 夫。 噢 对 了, 我 需 要 新 跑 鞋 和 运 动 长 裤。”

"I'm glad you told me." “你 总 算 告 诉 我 了, 我 很 高 兴。”

"We ran the 400 five times, at 80 seconds a lap. The fifth round, I just made it before I collapsed." “我 们 跑 了 五 圈 400 米, 每 圈 80 秒。 第 五 圈 我 刚 跑 完 就 垮 了。”

"Good heavens, you collapsed?" “天 爷, 你 垮 了?”

"Well, not really, but it takes a while to get into condition." “哦, 有 点 夸 张, 不 过 当 时 的 确 过 了 一 阵 才 恢 复 过 来。”

"One reason I called was to remind you to wash the dishes." “我 打 电 话 的 原 因 之 一, 是 提 醒 你 该 你 洗 碗。”

"I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone. How about Jerry and Sam?" “我 早 就 知 道 不 该 接 这 个 电 话。 那 么 杰 里 和 山 姆 呢?”

"I've got jobs for them, too. But before you call the other boys to the phone, let me speak to your father." “他 们 也 有 活 干。 但 是 你 先 让 你 父 亲 来, 我 有 话 和 他 说。 然 后 再 叫 那 两 个 孩 子 来 听 电 话。”