纽约英语口语网新版
初到加国口语
第 17 课:Telephone 电 话 -1

A: Excuse me. Can you tell me where there's a telephone? 劳 驾, 你 能 告 诉 我 哪 儿 有 公 用 电 话 吗?

B: Over there in that booth. 在 那 边 那 个 电 话 亭 里。

A: Oh, yes, I see. Thank you. By the way, I'm a stranger here. Could you tell me how to make a call, please? 哦, 我 知 道 了, 谢 谢。 另 外, 我 初 来 这 里, 您 能 告 诉 我 怎 样 打 吗?

B: I'd be glad to. Is it a local call or long-distance? 没 问 题。 是 打 本 地 电 话 还 是 打 长 途?

A: I'm not sure. What's the difference? 我 也 说 不 准, 有 什 么 区 别 吗?

B: Where do you want to call? 你 想 给 什 么 地 方 打?

A: To the university here. 给 这 里 的 大 学 打。

B: OK. That's a local call. In other words, it's not far away. Do you have the number you want to contact? 好, 这 属 于 本 地 电 话。 换 句 话 说, 距 离 不 算 远。 你 有 那 个 要 联 系 的 电 话 号 码 吗?

A: Yes, it's here in my notebook. 有, 在 我 笔 记 本 里 。

B: Good. Pick up the receiver. Now put a quarter in the slot and dial your seven digitnumber. 好, 把 话 筒 拿 起 来。 将 25 分 硬 币 投 入 孔 内, 然 后 拨 7 位 数 号 码。

A: Fine, but the number seems to have ten digits. 好。 可 这 号 码 好 象 是 10 位 数 呀。

B: Let me see. Yes, the first three are the area code. They are only used for long distance. For a local call it's usually the last seven. 我 看 看。 噢, 前 三 位 数 是 区 号, 打 长 途 时 用, 打 本 地 电 话 一 般 只 用 后 七 位 号 码。

A: It's ringing now. Thanks. 通 了, 谢 谢。

B: You are welcome. Good-bye.不 客 气, 再 见。