纽约英语口语网新版
初到加国口语
第 24 课:Telephone 电 话-5

A: What about long-distance calls? 长 途 呢?

B: They depend on length of call, distance and time of day. 这 要 看 通 话 时 间 的 长 短、 距 离 和 什 么 时 间 打。

A: Do you mean some times of day are cheaper than others? 你 是 说 一 天 当 中 的 某 些 时 候 比 其 他 一 些 时 候 打 电 话 要 便 宜 吗?

B: Yes. In the evenings, on weekends and on holidays you get about 30% off. Every day late at night there's an even bigger discount. 是 的, 在 晚 上、 周 末 和 假 日 可 便 宜 30%, 半 夜 打 更 便 宜。

A: It would be better to call at night then. 那 么 说 最 好 在 夜 间 打 了。

B: Indeed it would. For example, if you call from Halifax to Vancouver after 10 pm for 10 minutes for under $ 3. 的 确 这 样。 例 如: 10 点 钟 以 后 从 哈 里 法 克 斯 给 温 哥 华 打10分 钟 电 话 也 不 到 3 加 元。

A: Are there time discounts when calling to China? 给 中 国 打 有 折 价 吗?

B: Yes. You should ask the operator when the most economical time would be. 当 然 有。 你 可 以 问 话 务 员 什 么 时 间 最 为 经 济。

A: I should be careful of the change in time zone if I call China. 如 给 中 国 打 电 话 我 应 留 心 时 区 问 题。

B: Right, you don't want to wake someone up. Even in Canada you have to check the time change. 对。 你 不 想 叫 醒 对 方。 即 使 在 加 拿 大 你 也 必 须 查 看 一 下 时 间 的 变 化。