纽约英语口语网新版
轻松商务口语
第 23 课:Export Commodity - Terms of Payment

Chen: It is necessary for us to discuss the terms of payment before concluding this transaction.在达成交易之前,我们有必要商讨一下付款方式。

Bob: Yes, I think so. What type of terms do you usually accept?是的,我也这样认为。你们通常采取什么样的付款方式?

Chen: Our usual practice is to ask for a sight L/C.我们通常的作法是要求即期信用证付款。

Bob: What about Documents against Acceptance for this transaction?这次交易用承兑交单方式进行怎么样?

Chen: Sorry, D/A payment is not applicable in your case.对不起,承兑交单付款方式不适于你方情况。

Chen: "Payment by installments" is not the usual practice in world trade, I'm afraid.恐怕在国际贸易中,“分期付款”不是通常被采用的方式。

Bob: Well, some sellers have often used it.但是有些卖主经常采用这种方式。

Chen: I would, however, accept the terms of "payment by installments" for your present purchase.你这次购货,我可以接受你的“分期付款”方式。

Bob: Great, I'm pleased that you accept it this time.这次你能接受这种方式,我很高兴。

Bob: I prefer payment by Documents against Payment.我愿用付款交单的付款方式。

Chen: I'm sorry to say that I disagree with you about the terms of payment.很抱歉,我不同意你采用这种付款方式。

A Letter of Credit is our customary practice.我们一贯采用信用证付款方式。

Bob: It's expensive to open an L/C. I hope you'll consider other terms of payment.开立信用证费用很大。因此希望你们能考虑其他的付款方式。

Bob: When should we open the Letter of Credit?我们应该什么时候开立信用证?

Chen: Your L/C must reach us 30 days before the date of delivery so as to enable us to make all the necessary arrangements.交货期前一个月,你必须把信用证开达我方,以便我们能够作出一切必要的安排。