纽约英语口语网新版
办公室英语口语
第 14 课

A: Excuse me, Alex? 对不起,阿利克?

B: What can I do for you, Kim? 有事吗?金姆?

A: I was wondering if you could get together with me to go over the payroll. 我不知道你是否有时间能和我一起审查一遍工资表?

B: Sure, anytime. 可以。随时都行。

A: Mr. Crane's office. Sandy speaking. May I help you? 克莱恩先生办公室。我是仙蒂,能帮您吗?

B: Hi, Sandy. It's Walter Knight. I need to book some time with Mr. Crane. 嗨,仙蒂。我是华特·耐特。我需要和克莱恩先生约个时间。

A: Certainly, Mr. Knight. When would you like to meet with him? 没问题,耐特先生。您想什么时候见他?

B: Can you see what his schedule is like on Wednesday? 你能看看他星期三是怎么安排的吗?

A: I'm afraid we are really short staffed this week, Mr. Crandal. I'd like to accommodate you, but I just don't think I'll have the time. 恐怕这星期我们的确人手不够,克兰道先生。我想给您服务,可就恐怕没有时间。

B: Are you telling me you're not going to meet with me? 你的意思是不打算见我了吗?

A: Not at all, sir. I'd just like to push it up to next week. I'll have a lot more free time at the beginning of next week. 绝对不是,先生。我只是想挪到下星期。下周初我会空闲得多。

B: Well, I don't like it, but I guess I don't have any choice. 好吧,我不愿意这样,不过我想也别无选择了。