纽约英语口语网新版
办公室英语口语
第 28 课

A: Okay, then, Mary. We need 10 more loose-leaf binders, five pounds of heavy duty white paper, and what else did I say? 好,那么,玛丽,我们还需要10个活页夹子,五磅的厚白纸,我还说什么了?

B: Two boxes of transparencies for the over-head machines. 两盒投影仪用的透明片。

A: Right. And I'd like one of those new electric pencil sharpeners. 对。另外,我再想要一个那种新型的电动转笔刀。

B: All right, Mr. Jones. Do you think we'll need anything else? 好的,琼斯先生。您认为我们还需要些什么?

A: Excuse me, Mr. White? I just need you to sign these before I leave. 对不起,怀特先生?我走之前需要您在这些上签个字。

B: Sure, Sherry. Sorry to have kept you waiting. If you hadn't told me, I probably would have just forgotten all about them. 当然,莎莉。对不起让你久等了。如果你没有提醒我的话,我可能会忘得一干二净。

A: That's my job, sir. Just one more signature here, please. 这是我的职责,先生。这里再签一个就可以了。

B: There you are. 给你。

A: I hate to do this to you, Alice, but I'm going to have to ask you to put in some more overtime. 我不愿对你如此,爱丽丝,可我不得不请你再加些班。

B: Does it have to be this afternoon, Mr. Fairbanks? I've already made plans. 非得在今天下午吗,费尔班克斯先生?我已经有安排了。

A: Well, I would have preferred to do it today, but if you've already made plans, we can do it tomorrow. 嗯,我希望能在今天做,可是如果你已经做了安排,我们可以明天做。

B: I'd appreciate that, sir. How long do you think you'll need me to stay? 如能这样我很感激,先生。您考虑让我待多久?