纽约英语口语网新版
办公室英语口语
第 35 课

A: Alex! What are you guys doing over there? 亚历克斯!你们这帮人都在干嘛呢?

B: What do you mean, Janice? 你是什么意思,珍妮丝?

A: I've been waiting for a response on the Blake Building design for nearly two weeks. 我一直在等着对布莱克大楼设计的回复,等了快两个星期了。

B: I'm sorry, Janice. But we've been waiting on the client. It's out of our hands at the moment. 对不起,珍妮丝。可我们在等着客户呢。此时此刻我们无能为力呀。

A: Liz, you were supposed to have had those contracts typed up by now. 丽兹,你现在应该把这些合同打完了才对。

B: I was supposed to do that? I thought Sharon was responsible for that. 是该我打吗?我想着是该莎伦负责的。

A: No, Liz. I asked you specifically. Don't you remember? 不对,丽兹。我是专门让你做的。你不记得了?

B: I'm really sorry, Mr. Samuels. I really don't remember that. 实在对不起,萨缪尔斯先生。我的确想不想来了。

A: Rachel? I'm not sure how you want to handle this account. I think there are a few things to be sorted out. 蕾茜儿?我不知道你想怎么处理这笔账。我想有几点得弄清楚。

B: I agree, Toni. I think the biggest problem we're facing is how to bring it in under budget. 我同意,托尼。我认为我们面临的最大问题是如何使其保持在预算之内。

A: That's true. But even beyond that, there's the question of meeting the deadlines they've set. 是这样。可除此之外,还有个不超过他们设定的最后期限的问题。

B: Right. Look, why don't we make a list of the problems we're dealing with. It'll be easier to work through them that way. 对。你看,我们可以把所有要处理的问题列一个表。这样解决问题容易些。