纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 15 课: A Fight 吵架

Eva: How many times shall I tell you? Put ashes in the ashtray, not in a glass. 你要我跟你说多少次?烟灰弹在烟灰缸里,不要弹在玻璃杯里。

clark: sorry. 对不起。

Eva: And the newspapers. Look! You scatter them everywhere. 还有报纸。你看!你把报纸到处乱放。

Clark: I'm sorry. 对不起。

Eva: How much longer do you plan to watch TV? Don't you have anything else to do?你打算看多久的电视?你没有别的事可以做吗?

Clark : Will you stop nagging? 别唠叨了好不好?

Eva : What?.. You know what you are? You are a lazy bone. You're a born loser. If you'd ever listened to me, we wouldn't be living in this rotten place. You.... 什么?……你知道你是什么东西吗?是懒骨头。失败坯子。假如你肯听我的话,我们就不会住在这个破地方了。你……

Clark : That's enough. Don't go too far. I don't want to have words with you. 够了。别太过分。我不想和吵架。

EVa : That's because you're a coward. 那是因为你懦弱。

Clack : Shut up, Eva. Why do you have to be like this? Don't annoy me. 闭嘴,伊娃。为什么你一定要这样?别把我惹火了。

Eva: you can't be annoyed. You don't have the guts. Do you know how much Melody's husband makes? Thirty thousand a year. How much do you make? 你不会被惹火了。你没这个胆子。你可知道美乐蒂的先生赚多少钱吗?一年三万块。你呢?

Clark : That's because you spend too much, you want too much, and you nag too much. You'll be much more better off if you're content with the life you have now. 那是因为你花太多钱、需要太多东西、唠叨太多。要是你能满足你现有的生活,你会好过得多。

Eva: How can you say that to me? I'm not the one to be blamed. You are. 你怎么可以那样说我?我不是该受责备的人。你才是。

Clark: You're unreasonable.... Where are you going? 你真是不可理喻。……你上那儿去?

Eva : Out! I'll spend the night at Melody's place. 出去!我要在美乐蒂家过夜。

Clark: But how about dinner? 那晚饭怎么办?

Eva : That's not my business. 不关我的事。