纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 29 课: An Open-Air Coffee Shop露天咖啡厅

Ivy : This is romantic. How did you find this place? 好浪漫哦。你是怎么知道这个地方的?

Ted: I came here frequently when I was in college. This is a nice place to relax and to chat with friends. 我在大学时常来这儿。这是休闲以及和朋友聊天的好地方。

Ivy : It's hard to find a quiet place like this downtown. 在市区很难找到像这儿这么安静的场所。

Ted: The service here is good, too. 这儿的服务也很好。

lvy: And it's cheap. 也很便宜。

Ted: Well. not so cheap, but not too expensive either. 嗯,不怎么便宜,但也没那么贵。

Ivy: They even have a band. What do they perform? 他们还有乐队呢。他们都演奏些什么?

Ted: All kinds of music. Jazz, Rock & Roll, and anything you can think of during the night, they usually have a violinist. 所有音乐。爵士、摇滚,以及任何你想得到的音乐。通常在晚上还会有一个小提琴手。

Ivy : I can almost hear the violin. Soft and sweet. 我几乎听到小提琴声了。轻柔而甜美的乐声。  

Ted : When the sky is clear, you can see the moon shining and the stars twinkling. If you close your eyes, you can feel the breeze blowing gently. It's really an enjoyment. 天空晴朗的时候,你还可以看到月亮照耀着,星星闪耀着。如果你闭上眼睛,你可以感觉到微风轻轻吹着。那真是一种享受。

lvy: Can we stay here till evening? 我们能不能在这儿坐到晚上?

Ted: Some other time, Ivy. My parents want to meet you this afternoon. 改天吧,艾薇。今天下午我父母想见你。

lvy: Ted! Why didn't you tell me on the phone? I can't meet them like this I didn't wear any makeup and this dress is too casual. Above all, I'm not prepared to meet them. 泰德!你在电话里为什么不告诉我?我不能这样去见他们。我没有化妆,而且这件衣服太随便了。最重要的是,我没有见他们的准备。

Ted : You look just as lovely as usual. Don't worry. I like the way you are. They'll like you, too. 你看起来就跟平常一样可爱。放心。我就喜欢你这样。他们也会喜欢的。

lvy : But.... well, I hope they won't think I'm sloppy. 但是……唉,我希望他们不会以为我。

Ted : They won't. Waiter! The bill, please....Let's go. They're waiting at home. 他们不会的。服务生!请给我账单。……走吧。他们在家里等着呢。