纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 32 课: Asking for Directions问路

Dale : Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the Palace Museum? 对不起。请问到皇家博物馆怎么走?

Nancy : You can take Bus 5. The driver will tell you where to get off. 你可以搭5号公车,司机会告诉你在哪儿下车。

Dale : Yes, but I'm driving my own car. 是的,但我是自己开车去。

Nancy : Oh, then you drive along this street , turn right at the third crossroad, then take the first left. Keep straight on until you see a road sign that says "Palace Museum", and then you follow the sign. It will direct you to the Palace Museum. 哦,那你沿着这条街开,在第三个十字路口右转,然后在第一个转弯处左转,一直走,然后你会看到一个写着皇家博物馆的路标,跟着它的指示走就对了。它会带你到皇家博物馆的。

Dale : Drive along this street, turn right, turn left, keep straight, and then I'll see the road sign? 沿着这条街开,右转,左转,直走,然后就会看到路标?

Nancy: That's right. 没错。  

Dale : Are you sure that I won't bump into any one-way streets? 你确定我不会闯进单行道?

Nancy: Well,...I don't think you will....I don't see any car around here. Where is your car? 呃,……不会吧。我没看到这附近有车。你的车停在那儿?

Dale : I parked it over there. You see? 就在那边。你看到了吗?

Nancy: Oh, no. You'd better move it before a policeman sees you parking there. 哦,糟了。你最好趁警察还没来以前赶紧把它开走。

Dale : Why? I don't see any "No Parking" signs. 为什么?我没看到有『禁止停车』的标志。

Nancy: But you're parking in a bus zone. 但是你停在公车区呀!

Dale : Here comes a policeman. I'd better run....Thank you, miss....Oh, by the way, how long will it take for me to get to the museum? 警察来了。我最好赶快走。……谢谢你了,小姐。……哦,对了,到皇家博物馆大概要花多少时间?

Nancy: About half an hour. 大约半小时。

Dale : Thanks again. You've been very helpful. 再次谢谢你。你帮了大忙。

Nancy: Hurry up, or you'll get a ticket. 快走吧,否则你就会收到罚单了。