纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 36 课: At a Restaurant在餐厅

Waiter : May I take your order, sir? 您要点菜了吗,先生?

Mr. Wu : Well, it's very hard to decide. Is there any particular dish you would recommend? 呃,很难决定。有没有什么特别的餐点你可以推荐?

Walter : The roast chicken is very good tonight. 今晚的烤鸡不错。

Mr. Wu : Anything else? 还有没有别的?

Waiter : How about fish? Fish is one of the house specialties. We have filet of sole, flounder, and baked shad. 鱼好不好? 鱼是本店的招牌菜之一。我们有上等螺沙鱼排、比目鱼,还有烤鲱鱼。

Mt. Wu : I'm not very fond of fish. I feel like a porterhouse steak tonight....What is this castle steak on the menu? 我不很喜欢吃鱼。……我今晚想来点大块的牛排。…菜单上这个城堡牛排是什么?

Waiter : It's a small steak cooked on a grill. 是炭烤小牛排。

Mt. Wu : Oh!

Waiter : Maybe you'd like to try today's special--roast beef, which includes appetizer, soup, salad, choice of dessert, and tea or coffee. 也许您会想尝尝今天的特餐--烤牛肉,附有餐前开胃饮料、汤、沙拉,并可任选甜点、茶或咖啡。

Mr. Wu : I think I'll try that. 我想就来这个好了。

Waiter : What appetizer would you like? 您要什么餐前开胃饮料?

Mr. Wu : I'll have the fruit cocktail. 我要水果鸡尾酒。

Waiter : And the soup? 汤呢?

Mr. Wu : I'll have the cream of mushroom soup, and I'd like French dressing on my salad. 我要奶油蘑菇浓汤,另外我的沙拉要法国沙拉酱。

Waiter : Very well, sir. 好的,先生。

Mr. Wu : Can I order my dessert now? 我可以现在点甜点吗?

Waiter : Yes, of course. We have pumpkin layer pie, peach pie, rice pudding, ice cream, and chocolate cake. 当然可以。我们有南瓜千层派、水蜜桃派、西米布丁、冰淇琳 ,和巧克力蛋糕。

Mr. Wu : I'll have rice pudding and black coffee. 给我西米布丁和咖啡。

Waiter : Very well, sir. 好的,先生。