纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 40 课: At the Bar在酒吧

Barman : Good evening, Mr. Anderson. What would you like tonight? 你好,安德生先生。今晚想喝什么?

Mr. Anderson: I'll have a double whiskey on the rocks. 双份加冰的威土忌。

Barman : Right away, Mr. Anderson. 马上好,安德生先生。

Mr. Anderson : Anything new? 有什么新鲜事儿?

Barman : Not much. As you can see, this place is full of drunk rowdies as usual. Luckily, no trouble up to now. 不多,你看到的,这个地方跟往常一样,挤满了喧闹狂欢的醉汉。幸运的是,到目前为止还没人闹事。

Mr. Anderson :Who is that guy over there? 那边的那个家伙是谁?

Barman : You mean the one in grey suit? He is a reporter for a small magazine. I can't remember the name of the magazine. He's come here frequently in the past two weeks. 你指穿灰西装的那个人吗?他是一家小杂志的记者。我记不得杂志的名称。这两星期来,他常常过来这儿。

Mr. Anderson : Have you seen Irving lately? 最近有没有看到欧文?  

Barman : No, he hasn't been here for a month. I got word that he had an accident and broke his arms. Do you know his wife? 没有,他一个月没来了。听说他出了意外,手臂断了。你认识他太太吗?

Mr. Anderson : No. Why? 不认识。干嘛?

Barman : She ran away with a truck driver. What a scandal! 她跟一个卡车司机跑了。真是丑闻一件!

Mr. Anderson : Poor Irving....Give me another whiskey. 可怜的欧文。……再给我一杯威士忌。

Barman : Here it is. It's on the house. 来了。本店请客。

Mr. Anderson : You don't have to do this, Sam. Everytime I come here, you buy me drinks. 你大可不必这样,山姆。每次我来,你都请我喝酒。

Barman : That's all right. I like you. Did I ever tell you about my sister Sally ? 没关系。我喜欢你。我有没有跟你提过我妹妹莎莉的事?

Mr. Anderson : No. What about her? 没有。她怎么样?

Barman: She's coming to New York. I can't read much but she's a graduate student. I'm so proud of her. She's ... 她要来纽约了。我没认识多少字,但她可是个研究生。 我好以她为荣。她……