纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 57 课: At the Riverside在河边

Sylvia : This place is so quiet. 这地方好安静。

Andy : Even the water is flowing quietly. 连水也是静悄悄地流。

Sylvia : Too bad that we left the camera at home. The landscape is so ravishing. 我们把照相机留在家里真是太可惜了。这儿的山水风景好美。

Andy : Do you feel like swimming? I can't resist the charm of the clean water. 你想游泳吗?我抗拒不了清澈河水的魅力。

Sylvia : You can't swim here. Didn't you see the sign over there? It says, "No swimming". 这里不能游泳。你没看到那边的指示牌吗?上面写着:禁止游泳。

Andy : What a letdown! 真煞风景!

Sylvia : Do you want another sandwich? 要不要再来一块三明治?

Andy : No, thanks. I'm full. 不要,谢谢。我饱了。

Sylvia : Let's take a walk along the riverside. 我们去河边散散步。

Andy : Good idea. Let's go. 好主意。走吧。  

Sylvia : There're lots of pretty pebbles here. 这儿有好多漂亮的小石头。

Andy : Hey, I've a good idea. Let's play ducks and drakes. 嘿,我有个好主意。我们来玩打水漂儿。

Sylvia : I like that! I used to play ducks and drakes very well when I was a little girl. There was a small lake near my house. My brother and I always went there after school. I could make seven jumps. 我喜欢!以前我还是个小女孩的时候,常常玩打水漂儿。我家附近有一个小湖。我哥哥和我常常在放学后到那儿。我以前一次可以打连续七跳的水漂儿。

Andy : Let's have a race then. I'll definitely beat you. 那来比赛。我铁定会打败你的。

Sylvia : Boasting won't win you the race. 吹牛是赢不了比赛的。