纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 58 课: At the Stationery Store在文具用品店

Flora : Do you have birthday cards? 你们有没有生日卡片?

Shopkeeper : Sure, we have cards for all occasions- birthdays, weddings, invitations, thank yous, and all sorts of celebrations. They're all kept on the shelves over there. 当然有,我们有各种卡片--生日卡,结婚卡、邀请卡、感谢卡,以及各种节庆用的卡片。它们全部都摆在那边的架子上。

Flora : Thank you. 谢谢你。

Shopkeeper : Take your time. They're all very lovely. 慢慢挑。它们都很可爱。

Flora : Does this writing paper have envelopes to go with it? 这个信纸有没有成套的信封?

Shopkeeper : Yes, but they sold out yesterday. The new ones won't arrive until next Monday. 有,不过昨天就卖完了。要到下星期一新货才会到。

Flora : I see. I'll come back on Monday then....Where do you keep thumbtacks and paper clips? I can't find them. 这样啊。那我星期一再来好了。……请问你图钉和回纹针放在哪里? 我找不到。

Shopkeeper : They're on the corner. Anything else? 在角落那边。还要其他的东西吗?  

Flora : I also need a dozen file folders, some carbon paper, one hole puncher, one stapler and one refill for my Parker ball point pen. 我还要一打文件夹、一些复写纸,一个打孔机、一个钉书机,和一支派克原子笔的笔心。

Shopkeeper : Come with me. Here are the folders and carbon paper. Here are the hole punchers, staplers,...and here are your refills. 跟我来……这里是文件夹……和复写纸。……这里是打孔机、钉书机……笔心在这边。

Flora : Thank you. 谢谢你。

Shopkeeper : You're welcome. I've never seen you before. Are you new in this town? 不客气。我以前没见过你。你是新搬来的?

Flora : Yes, I moved here last week. I work for a food company at the building next door. 是的。我上星期刚搬来。我在隔壁的大楼里一家食品公司做事。

Shopkeeper : Then we'll have a lot of business to do in the future. 那我们以后还有很多生意可做了。

Flora : Sure....How much are these, please? 是啊……。这些总共是多少?

Shopkeeper : That'll be thirteen dollars in all. 一共是十三元。