纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 73 课: Making an Appointment by Telephone电话订约

Rebecca : Hello. May I speak to Mr. Josh Cooke, please? 喂。麻烦请约许·库克先生听电话。

Josh : Speaking. 我就是。

Rebetcca : This is Rebecca Carter of Yours Magazine. 我是《您的杂志》的李贝嘉·卡特。

Josh : What can I do for you, Miss Carter? 有何贵干,卡特小姐?

Rebecca : There'll be an issue next month introducing your newly published book Where the Road Ends, and I'd like to have an interview with you, if possible. 我们下个月有篇关于您最近新出版的书《路的尽头》的专栏文章。如果可能的话,我希望能访问您。

Josh : An interview? I'd like to, Miss Carter, but I'm afraid my schedule is all full. I can't spare the time. 访问?我很乐意,卡特小姐,但是我的时间表都排满了。我抽不出时间。

Rebecca : It won't take you long, Mr. Josh. Two hours or less will do. 不会耽搁您太久的,约许先生。两小时或不到两小时就够了

Josh : Well. when? 嗯……什么时候?  

Rebecca : When is convenient for you? 您什么时候方便?

Josh : Hold on, please. Let me check my schedule.... Say, how about this Friday morning? Around ten o'clock? 请等一下。我看看我的行事历。……这星期五早上如何? 十点钟左右?

Rebecca : Why don't we meet at eleven and have a talk over lunch? I know a very nice place downtown. 我们何不干脆十一点见面,一起吃个午饭,顺便聊聊? 我知道市区有家餐厅不错。

Josh : Sounds nice. All right. 听起来不错。好吧。

Rebecca : Shall I pick you up at your place? 要不要我去府上接您?

Josh : No, no. If we're going downtown, you don't have to pick me up. Let's just meet at the restaurant. Where is it? 不用了。如果我们要去市区的话,你不必来接我。我们直接在餐厅碰面好了。那家餐厅在什么地方?

Relicts : It's on Fifth Avenue, and it's called Rose garden. 在第五大道,叫做玫瑰园。

Josh : I know that place. I'll be there at eleven then. Good-bye, Miss Carter. 我知道那个地方。那我十一点到。再见,卡特小姐.