纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 87 课: Seeing off 送行

Stone : Where is Pamela? 潘蜜拉呢?

Steve : Is she coming? 她要来吗?

Stone : She told me she would be here. 她跟我说她会来。

Steve : They're announcing your flight. You'd better get on board the plane. 他们在广播你的飞机了。你最好上飞机去吧。

Stone : Are you rushing me? 你在催我啦?

Steve : I'm just reminding you about the time. You don't want to miss the plane, do you? 我只是在提醒你时间。你不会希望错过这班飞机吧?

Stone : I know what I'm doing, buddy. Don't you worry ....Can you do me a favor? 我知道我在做什么,老弟。别担心。……你能不能帮我一个忙?

Stove : Name it and I'll do it for you. 你说出来,我一定照办。

Stone : Take care of Pamela when I'm away. She's a nice girl.I don't want her to get hurt or anything. 我不在的时候,替我照顾潘蜜拉。她是个好女孩。我不希望它受到伤害还是什么的。

Steve : You've got it. 我会的。

Stone : Thank you. Now I see that you're my true friend. Most of my so-called friends left me at the moment my company went bankrupt. You're the only one who has stood by me all the time. 谢谢你。现在我才明白你是我最真诚的朋友。大部份我所谓的朋友,都在我公司倒闭的时候离开了找。只有你一个人始终支持我、帮助我。

Steve : I'm just doing what I think I should do. 我只是在做我认为我应该做的事情罢了。

Stone : Thank you for being a friend of mine. 谢谢你肯做我的朋友。

Steve : This is not like you....Well, I hope you'll have a nice flight and a successful start in business. 这可不像你……。好了,希望你旅途愉快,且在生意方面有个成功的开始。

Stone : Thank you. I have to leave now. If you see Pamela, tell her that I'll write to her. 谢谢。我得走了。如果你见到潘蜜拉,告诉她我会写信给她。