纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 95 课: The New Colleague新同事

May : What a stupid guy! A real troublemaker! 真蠢的家伙!不折不扣的惹祸精!

Vieky : Who? 谁呀?

May : Who else? John Peterson! 还有谁?约翰·彼得森哪!

Vieky : What did he do? 他做了什么事? 

May : He can't do anything right. He knows nothing about this business. I can't figure out how he got in this company. 他什么事也做不好。他一点也不懂这一行。真搞不懂他是怎么进公司的。

Vieky : Come on, he just graduated from college. He is a new hand. Give him some time. Soon he will get the feel of this job. 好了,他才刚大学毕业,是个新手。给他点时间嘛。很快他就会熟悉这份工作。

May : I know, but you can't imagine how clumsy he is. This morning I told him to draw twenty thousand dollars from the bank. Guess what happened? 我知道,可是你绝想不到他有多笨。今天早上我叫他去银行提两万块。你猜怎么?

Vieky : What? 怎么了?

May : He drew the money all right, but he left the money at the bank. 他是把钱提出来了,但是却把钱留在银行里。

Vieky : No. 不会吧。

May : Oh, yes. Because I didn't tell him to bring the money back to the office. 哦,真的。因为我没有告诉他要把钱拿回公司。

Vieky : What an awful thing to do. 真糟糕。

May : That's not the worst. I can tell you a lot more which are worse than this. 那还不是最糟的事呢!我还有很多更糟的事可以说给你听。

Vieky : That's not necessary. You know what, I think you should report this to Mr. Reed. 不必了。你知道吗?找认为你应该向雷德先生报告这件事。

May : Maybe I will. 也许我会。

Vicky : You'd better take steps before he does some real damage. 你最好在他还没有闯祸以前采取行动。