纽约英语口语网新版
曼哈顿商务口语
Unit 15 - Going through Customs 过海关

Official: Did you pack this bag yourself? Has it been out of your possession at any time before checking-in? 是您自已收拾的行李吗?在检票前有有别人帮助保管?

Mr. Lee: Yes, I packed it myself, and it hasn't been out of my possession. 是的,我自已收拾的,一直是自己保管。

Official: Are you bringing in any plants or animal products? 您带了动植物产品吗?

Mr. Lee: No. 没有。

Official: Our sniffer dog seems to disagree. Do you mind if we look in your suitcase? 嗅探犬好像有不同意见。我可以检查您的包吗?

Mr. Lee: Not at all. Go right ahead. 请便。

Official: What's this sir? 这是什么,先生?

Mr. Lee: It's traditional Chinese Medicine. I mix it with hot water like tea. Sorry. I forgot about it. 这是中药。用热水冲泡,喝起来像茶。对不起,我忘了。

Official: What are these red things sir? 这些红色的东西是什么?

Mr. Lee: Oh no! I forgot about those too! Those are Chinese sausages for my Aunt Lily. 糟糕 ! 这个我也忘了。这些是我给 lily 阿姨带的中国腊肠。

Official: I'm sorry sir, but you can't take any of this into the country. We will also have to check your carry-on. Please step this way. Don't' be nervous; we'll just look through it briefly and then if there are no further problems you'll be free to go. 对不起,先生。您不能带这些东西入境。我们还要检查您的手提包。请这边走。不用紧张,我们只是简单看一下,如果没有别的问题,您就可以走了。