纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 23 课:He's impossible. 他不可理喻.

PAUL Why don't we invite them to dinner? 我们为什麽不请他们来吃晚餐?

JOANA: That's a good idea. I want Mama to meet Mrs. Crawford. 这个主意很好, 我希望妈妈能认识郭佛太太.

PAUL What about Mr. Crawford? Don't you like him? 郭佛先生呢? 你不喜欢他吗?
JOANA: He's impossible. 他不可理喻.

PAUL Be nice to him. 你要对他好一点.

JOANA: You can be nice to him. I don't like him. 你可以对他好, 我可不喜欢他.

PAUL Are you inviting Michael, too? 你也要请迈克尔吗?

JOANA: Of course. 当然.

PAUL He was very happy last night. 他昨天晚上很开心.

JOANA: I was, too. 我也很开心.

PAUL But Michael is always so quiet. And last night, he was talking and laughing. 可是迈克尔总是那麽沈默. 而昨天晚上他却有说有笑.

JOANA: What do you think about Michael? 你对迈克尔印象怎麽样?

PAUL I think he's a great guy, but he isn't very ambitious. 我认为他人非常好, 可是不太上进.

JIM: Grandfather, don't lift that. Let me help you. 爷爷, 别提那个, 让我帮你忙.

MR. YAMAMOT Thank you, but... 谢谢, 但...

JIM: You have a bad back. 你的背脊骨不好.