纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 42 课:Well, tulips are very pretty. 嗯, 郁金香是很漂亮的.

SUZY: Gee, you're as bad as Dad. 唉! 你跟爸爸一样糟糕.

NORA: What do you mean, dear? 孩子, 这话是什麽意思?

SUZY: You're never home, either. 你也从不回家.

: Of course, sir. We send flowers anywhere in the country. 当然, 先生, 在这个地区里任何地方我们都送的.

: Well, tulips are very pretty. 嗯, 郁金香是很漂亮的.

: They look like... uh... well... cups. 看起来像是... 嗯... 杯子.

: Oh, she likes roses. Then send her roses. 噢, 她喜欢玫瑰, 那就送玫瑰给她.

: No, in fact, tulips aren't as expensive as roses this year. 不, 实际上, 今年的郁金香不像玫瑰那麽昂贵.

: Fine. How many tulips do you want to order? 好, 你要订多少郁金香?

: $10.00 I can?: Certainly. For send sixteen. 当然了, 十块钱可以送十六朵.

: Yes. We usually include a short note with the flowers. 是的, 我们都在花中夹一便条的.

: "To Mom. Happy Birthday." Yes, that's fine. Your mother's name and address, please? "送给妈妈, 祝您生日快乐", 是的, 那很好, 你母亲的名字和地址, 能告诉我吗?

: Mrs. G. Crawford. 143-29 Park Avenue. Is that C-R-A-W-F-O-R-D? 郭佛太太, 公园大道一四三之 29 号, 是不是 C-R-A-W-F-O-R-D ?

: Thank you. And your name and address, please? 谢谢你, 请告诉我你的名字和地址.

: Michael Crawford. 342 88th Street. 迈克尔郭佛, 八十八街三四二号,

Thank you very much. Have a nice day, sir. 谢谢您的惠顾, 祝您有个愉快的日子, 先生.