纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 49 课:She misses Papa and her life there. 她怀念爸爸和在那里的生活,

: I could live without them, I guess, but... do I want to? 没有这些固然可以生活, 我想; 但是我希望这样子吗?

: I guess I could always find a job. I could work in an office or I could teach Portuguese. 我想我随时可以找到工作, 我可以在公司里工作, 或教教葡萄牙文.

: Or could I? 我能吗?

: Maybe Mama is right. Maybe I couldn't live on 88th Street. 或许妈妈是对的, 说不定我无法在八十八街过下去,

: It's a long way from home in Brazil. 从这里到巴西太远了,

: Paulo wants to stay here, but Mama is going to go home soon. 保罗希望留在这里, 只是妈就要回家了.

: She misses Papa and her life there. 她怀念爸爸和在那里的生活,

: And what about me? 而我呢?

: We could live six months here and six months there. 我们可以在这里住个半年, 在那边住半年,

: No. That's ridiculous. 不行, 那太荒唐了,

: What am I going to do? 我该怎麽办呢?

: I love his eyes. Who knows? 我喜欢他的见解, 谁知道?

: We all grow and change. Anything could happen. 我们都会长大而改变的, 任何事情都可能发生.

: It's not easy to be the mother of four children, take care of a house, and go to work. 当个有四个孩子, 又要照料家务, 又要出去工作的母亲是不简单的,

: I'm not complaining, though. Really I'm not. 可是我不抱怨. 真的, 我不会抱怨.

: Bill has a good job, and he always works overtime to make as much as he can. But we can always use some extra money. 比尔有好工作, 他时常尽可能的加班, 而我们也时常需要额外的钱,