纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 58 课:My dear husband, Francisco, 我亲爱的丈夫法兰西斯哥:

: We were poor and alone in the world. 在这个世界上我们既穷又孤单.

: At eighteen, I married an older man. 十八岁那年, 我嫁给一个年纪比较大的男人.

: He had a little money, and I spent a few happy years with him. 他有一点钱, 我和他过了几年快乐的日子,

: I got new clothes and lived in a fine house. 我买了很多新衣服, 并住在一栋很漂亮的房子里.

: But I didn't love him, and I think he knew it, too. 不过, 我并不爱他, 我想他也知道.

: It wasn't his fault. He wasn't a bad husband. 这不是他的过失, 他并不是一个不好的丈夫,

: He wanted a quiet life and a big family. 他希望日子过得很平静, 及子女生得很多.

: I didn't. We fought about it and made each other miserable. 而我不要, 我们为了这件事而吵架, 弄得彼此都很苦闷.

: Finally we got a divorce. After that I came to New York. 最后我们离婚了, 离婚后我就到纽约来了.

: My dear husband, Francisco, 我亲爱的丈夫法兰西斯哥:

: I miss you, my dear, but we are happy and healthy, and the children send their love. 亲爱的, 我真想念你, 我们都很愉快很健康. 孩子们都向你问好.

: Paulo is busy every minute. 保罗时时刻刻的忙着,

: He is just like you, so sensible, maybe too sensible. 他跟你一样, 脚踏实地. 也许他过度脚踏实地,

: He thinks about business all the time. 一天到晚想着生意的事情,

: He doesn't have any real friends here. 在这里他没有什么真正的朋友.