纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 67 课:Forgive me. Where were we? 对不起, 我们刚才讲到哪里?

MR.CRAWFORD: I think thirty is the right limit. How old are you, Paulo? May I call you Paulo? 我认为三十岁最好, 保罗, 你几岁了? 我可以叫你保罗吗?

PAUL Of course, sir. Twenty-nine. 当然可以, 我二十九岁.

MR.CRAWFORD: You're the same age as my son Michael. 你跟我儿子麦可一样大.

PAUL Yes. 喔.

MR.CRAWFORD: Forgive me. Where were we? 对不起, 我们刚才讲到哪里?

PAUL We were discussing the rules of the competition. 我们刚才在讨论比赛的规则.

MR.CRAWFORD: Yes. Now, you mentioned a grant. 对了, 你提到了奖助金,

MR.CRAWFORD: What kind of a grant were you thinking of? 你们考虑什么样的奖助金?

PAUL We were going to offer a scholarship, a living allowance, and air fare to and from Brazil. What do you think of that idea? 我们打算发给一份奖学金, 还有生活费津贴 及到巴西的来回飞机票, 你认为这构想怎么样?

MR.CRAWFORD: Excellent. What about the deadline for the entries. Six months from today?非常好, 参加的截止日期呢? 从今天起六个月?

PAUL Yes. They have to enter by November 1. 是的, 他们必须在十一月一号以前报名,

PAUL We'll announce the winner the following month. 而我们将在下一个月宣布得奖者.

MR.CRAWFORD: Good. Well, I can have sample brochures ready for you in a week. 好. 我有小册子的样本, 一个星期之内可以给你.

PAUL Fine. 很好.

MR.CRAWFORD: Then, I'll see you a week from today. Is 2:00 convenient? 那么, 一个礼拜以后见. 两点钟, 方不方便?

PAUL Perfect. 再好没有.